Social

Saturday 19 October 2013

The Fashion Heist // Superfood Special // Kale Pomegranate Salad and Chocolate Peanut Quinoa Cookies















So I am little obsessed with Superfoods, Raw foodists, weird looking smoothies and everything that is oh-so healthy for you. I believe this comes from my younger years when my mother used to give me carrot and apple juice fresh from our noisy juicer, while all the other kids were maxing out on sugar highs with coco pops I was sipping a cool fresh juice. Not to say I wasn't a big fan of it when I was little but now I have to thank her for all those forceful mornings filled with organic fresh juices otherwise I would not be as healthy as I am today. 

The other day I posted a picture of a Kale Pomegranate Salad and Quinoa Peanut Dark Chocolate cookies, before I get ahead of myself and take full credit, well I can't. The inspiration for both these dishes come from different places for the salad comes from Shady Palms a delicious cafe at Stones Corner, visit their webpage here. Here's some pictures of the place and this delicious salad.




So I created my own version of this delicious creation with my Superpartner (isn't boyfriend a lame word? I prefer Superpartner), shown below. 



Let's start with these funky little cookies, a little helpful hint is try and keep everything as organic as you can. Remember your body is a temple, my motto is if you don't understand what the ingredients are why would you eat it?
All the Macro Organics are from Woolworths, it's super easy to purchase and find!

What You'll Need



To be honest I was pretty all over the place when making these cookies so experiment with this recipes portions! 
Makes 8-10 cookies.

Step 1
Preheat the oven to 150 degrees. Mix the Quinoa, Honey, Peanut butter and Coconut Oil in a big bowl into a smooth paste.

Step 2
Once all smooth add in the Self Raising Flour, remember if the mix is looking a bit try try adding in more peanut butter or coconut oil. Mix until a smooth sticky mixture.

Step 3
Smash up the dark chocolate into small chunks (unless you want exploding chocolate cookies, have fairly large chunks). Add in the smashed chocolate and the shredded coconut into the mixture. Slowly mix it in until all blend into a manageable paste.

Step 4
Now your paste is ready! Have a taste to see if it is sweet enough for you, if not add in a tad more honey. Now using a table spoon create balls with the dough and flatten in a cooking tray lined with baking paper. 

Step 5
Place in the oven and let it cook for about 20 minutes, when you pull them out they will be a tad soft but let the delicious cookies dry out and you'll have a very filling cookie on your hands!


Now onto your new all time favourite dish!



This delicious salad is not only extremely healthy for you but is a great Christmas salad idea, with the red and green colours.

 What You'll Need
  • A bunch of Kale (preferably organic, you can purchase this from Coles, Wooolworths or local fruit & veg store)
  • Half a pomegranate
  • Half a block of reduced fat Feta cheese
  • 1/2 Cup of Sunflower seeds
  • 1 Tablespoon of salt
  • 2 tablespoons of olive oil
  • quarter of a lemon
  • Two baking trays
Serves 2-3 people

Step 1
Preheat the oven to 150 degrees fan forced. Wash the Kale and pat dry with a tea towel.

Step 2
Break the kale off the stem into the two baking trays and make sure it is evenly spaced for maximum crunchiness! Sprinkle the sunflower seeds over both trays.

Step 3
Cover the Kale & Sunflower seed with generously with olive oil and then finish off with a light sprinkling of salt. Then place in the oven for 10 minutes, keep an eye on it as you don't want burnt kale.

Step 4
Cut up the feta and seed the pomegranate, placing the seeds into a small bowl.

Step 5
Once the kale is crunchy and ready place into a large salad bowl, next crumble all the feta and pomegranate on salad. Squeeze some lemon juice and a bit of salt for taste if you like.

Step 6
EAT IT!







0 comments :

Post a Comment