Social

Friday 12 October 2012

PLAY 13 OCT

It is a really hot day outside in Brisvegas land, but then I suggest you don't take my opinion on the weather because I only thrive in winter. I recommend you some music instead, remember these tracks are only relatable if your day is exactly like mine.

ALBUM PLAY

Sky Ferreira - Ghost EP
Image from Soundcloud

She has released a continuous stream of her EP Ghost on Soundcloud. Her album will be available to buy on itunes on the 16 October. After a lot of demos and the odd video clips, she is giving us a whole EP which sounds very true to her style. 
With it being an extremely lazy day for me, waiting for my man to appear Ghost and Sad Dreams are a very indulgent side dish to my day. With a vibe that rings Beth Orton, relaying a chilled out-indie-acoustic ambiance. Red Lips has already been a big favourite of mine, reminds me of Garabage's Cherry Lips.
I suggest pre-ordering Sky's EP here on itunes.
Or listen in here.







YOUTUBE PLAY

Majestic Casual - Youtube Channel

Majestic is a youtube channel that combines a lot of beautiful ambient tracks to pretty faces of girls in skimpy clothes or scenic sunsets. So I can't just pick the channel as a favourite of music, I will give you my picks for this point in time.
I suggest following their facebook page or youtube to save yourself from the radio.

Cassie - Me & You (VILLΛGE Bootleg Remix) 
Download this track via VILLΛGE's soundcloud.



Frank Ocean - Thinkin Bout You (Ryan Hemsworth Bootleg) 
I know we have heard probably millions on Thinkin' bout you remixes but we can't miss out on this one too.
Download this track via Silent Shout.

AlunaGeorge - Watching Over You
This track is very chilled, be wary. 
Buy her album via Itunes.



Ben Howard - Diamonds

It is very important that this track is listened to, even though it is a year old. I only discovered the likes of Ben Howard earlier this year and it's a great accompaniment to our summertime sadness.



Lana Del Rey - Ride

Since everyone else is raving on about this video clip, I am going to leap right on in too. This video clip makes me want to escape to Grand Canyon and live within it's crevasses or more horrifically live out a similar existence to Holly in Badlands. 
Either way she makes me feel kinda boring in comparison to the erratic life she lives out in this video. As a women of impulse, she galavants with random men in an exciting adventure with a nostalgic monologue of a once hopefully singer who lost it all due to herself. My favourite line is 
"I was always an unusual girl, my mother told me I had a chameleon soul. No moral compass, pointing due north. No fixed personality, just an inner indecisiveness that was as wide and wavering as the ocean."





0 comments :

Post a Comment